Big kids have big toys.

ATVs and dirt bikes are great toys for the big kids. Nothing beats hitting the off road trails with some friends on your ATV or dirt-bike and getting a little dirty in the mud.

In fun times such as these, the last thing you want to think about is whether your ATV or dirt-bike is properly insured. There are varying approaches within the insurance industry when it comes to insuring ATV’s and dirt bikes. Some homeowner policies cover ATV’s and dirt bikes while used on your premises while other policies do not. Please check with a professional for advice on how your specific policy responds. The safe answer, as always, is to secure a policy that provides specific coverage for your ATV or dirt-bike.

Please give McMichael Insurance a call to talk with one of our experienced agents. You may view some of the insurance options below:

Back to Top ▴

Bodily Injury & Property Damage Liability

This type of policy is the minimum coverage required under Ohio law and covers only the other party if you’re at fault in an accident. For example, if you rear end another vehicle, liability insurance will cover the other cars damages, but you will be responsible to pay for your own ATV’s damage. This coverage type also covers any bodily injury that may befall the other party as a result of the accident.

Back to Top ▴

Comprehensive and Collision

Typically when dealing with ATV or cycle insurance, comprehensive and collision are purchased as a coverage package instead of separately.  Either way, we recommend both comprehensive and collision. Collision is the obvious colliding of two or more objects that damage your cycle, whereas comprehensive encompasses all other types of damage claims to your unit, including fire, theft, vandalism, hail, etc.

Back to Top ▴

Custom Parts & Equipment

Insurance that covers your custom equipment in varying amounts depending on what amount of coverage you purchase.

Back to Top ▴

Roadside Assistance

Insurance that covers the towing costs if your ATV breaks down while you’re cruising the open road.

Back to Top ▴

Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist

Coverage that protects you in case the person who is at fault in an accident is uninsured or doesn’t have enough insurance. For example, if an uninsured driver runs a red light and wrecks your ATV, this coverage type would pick up the costs that they were unable to pay due to being uninsured or under-insured.

Give McMichael Insurance a call today to speak with someone on our friendly, highly experienced staff to discuss the policy that is right for you, so that the next time you hit the road, you can have peace of mind knowing that you are properly insured.